5. září 2018

Carrie Fisher: The Princess Diarist (2016)

“I must be who I am and people adjust to it. Don’t try to rush of influence the decision. Do not let what you think they think of you make you stop and question everything you are. Surely between the various yous, you can find that you not only have enough going for you to keep going, but to “take you far.” Maybe even to Alderaan and back.”

zdroj: amazon.com
Trvalo mi ostudně dlouho, než jsem se ke knížce dostala a co je ještě horší, až do téhle chvíle jsem nevěděla, že toho Carrie Fisher napsala tolik. Teď si to musím přečíst všechno, protože The Princess Diarist se mi líbilo hrozně.

Zaprvé, je to skvěle napsané, ta angličtina je úžasná, hravá a zároveň někde dostatečně hutná, že je třeba vrátit se k tomu, díky čemuž daná myšlenka k člověku víc pronikne. Zadruhé, ten náhled do duše dvacetileté holky (!) v situaci, kterou si nikdo z nás úplně neumí představit, s komentářem ženy, kterou se stala, je prostě skvěle využitá látka.

Zatřetí, humor Carrie Fisher byl prostě úžasný. Až mě překvapilo (a znepokojilo), jak se se nacházela v částech jejího deníku, a to bych měla (?) být už někde trochu jinde.

Zhltla jsem to rychle a hodně mě to bavilo, můžu jenom doporučit.
“Back then I was always looking ahead to who I wanted to be versus who I didn’t realize I already was, and the wished-for me was most likely based on who other people seemed to be and the desire to have the same effect on others that they had on me.”

“He looked like he didn’t care whether or not you looked at him, so you watched him not caring, hungrily.”

“I don’t believe people are across-the-board confident. Mostly people have those few things they do well and hope those things make up for the other shit.”

“My hopes aren’t high, and neither, as it happens, am I.”