19. července 2019

Amy Schumer: The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo (2016)

“Beautiful, ugly, funny, boring, smart or not, my vulnerability is my ultimate strength. There’s nothing more anyone can say about me that’s more permanent, damaging, or hideous that the statement I have forever tattooed upon myself. I’m proud of this ability to laugh ant myself-even if everyone can see my tears, just like they can see my dumb, senseless, wack, lame lower back tattoo.”

zdroj: bibdsl.co.uk
O The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo jsem slyšela prakticky od toho, co vyšla, a doma jsem si měla asi půl roku, než jsem ji konečně rozečetla. Dala jsem dvě kapitoly, pak ji odložila pro něco nebiografického, a až teď na dovolené jsem to dočetla. Trochu lituju toho, že jsem na dovolené nezačala znovu od začátku, abych si to užila pohromadě, protože to byla zase jedna z velmi inspirujících knížek. Působilo to na mě upřímně, bez servítek - ostatně Amy Schumer si servítky zásadně nebere - a měla jsem během čtení ten povznášející pocit, že všechno jde, pokud je člověk ochotný dřít a nečeká, až to za ním přijde. Vím, že humor Amy Schumer není pro všechny, ale tuto knížku bych bez váhání doporučila i nefandům už jen pro ten náboj člověka, co jenom nesedí na zadku a nečeká, až se věci stanou, ale něco dělá.

So much has changed about me since I was that confident, happy girl in high school. In the years since then, I‘ve experienced a lot of desperation and self-doubt, but in a way, I‘ve come full circle. I know my worth. I embrace my power. I say if I‘m beautiful. I say if I‘m strong. You will not determine my story. I will. I‘ll speak and share and fuck and love, and I will never apologize for it. I am amazing for you, not because of you. I am not who I sleep with. I am not my weight. I am not my mother. I am myself. And I am all of you.